GAME AND SERIES FACTS
Game time: Friday, September 4th – 7:30 pm
Location: Farragut High School
Last meeting – Oak Ridge won 13-0 last season.
- 2015 Records: Oak Ridge 2-0 Farragut 2-0
- The Admirals and the Wildcats first met in 1977 and have played 40 times since then, with the Wildcats leading the series 29 wins to the Admirals’ 11 wins.
- Region and historical rivals Farragut and Oak Ridge have played against each other every season since 1993. The Admirals are 8-15 against Oak Ridge in that time period.
- In more recent history, since 2006, Farragut is 7-2 against Oak Ridge.
- The Wildcats are coming off of a hard fought victories against Dobyns-Bennett, 17-14, and Clinton, 24-13.
- The Admirals are looking to start the season 3-0 for the first time since 2009, after handling Powell and Gibbs in the first two weeks of the season.
OAK RIDGE OUTLOOK
- Coach: Joe Gaddis (138-29, 14th season; 277-117 overall), 33rd season
- Offense: Flexbone
- Defense: 3-4
- The Wildcats return 11 starters from last season, 6 on offense and 5 on defense.
- Key Players: WR Tee Higgins (6-4, 185, Jr.) is the state’s top-rated prospect and a 2017 University of Tennessee commitment. Higgins will team with Arizona State commitment Darel Middleton (6-6, 255, Sr.) to give the Wildcats twin towers at wideout. On defense, they return LB Adam Manookian (5-11, 190, Sr.), who led the team in tackles the past two seasons. LB Matt Warmbrod (6-3, 215, Sr.) gives the Wildcats a formidable duo. FB/S Gavin Warrington (5-11, 200, Sr.) is one of OR’s most valuable players. Gaddis calls Brandon Nickle (49 of 50 PATS, 10 of 15 field goals) the best kicker in the state.