GAME AND SERIES FACTS
Game time: Friday, October 28st – 7:30 pm
Location: Farragut High School
Last meeting – Farragut beat Clinton 45-39 in 2015.
- 2016 Records: Clinton 1-8 (1-3) Farragut 8-1 (3-1)
- The Admirals and the Dragons have faced each other on the gridiron 18 times, with the Dragons leading the series 11 to 7 in victories.
- In recent history, Farragut and Clinton met yearly from 1995-2000, with Clinton winning 4 of the 6 matches.
- Farragut and Clinton first played each other in 1952, and the Dragons defeated the Admirals 19-6.
- Farragut’s first victory over the dragons came in 1977, when the Admirals beat Clinton 16-7.
- Clinton is coming off a tough loss to Heritage 35-0, but with a win on Friday, the Dragons can keep their playoff hopes alive.
- The Admirals are coming off a big victory against South Doyle, 63-26.
- Largest Series Win for Clinton: 1997 (48-7)
- Largest Series Win for Farragut: 1987 (35-0)
- Coach: Eddie Courtney (146-90, 21st season)
- Offense: Spread Option
- Defense: 3-4
- Farragut returns 10 starters from last season, 5 on offense and 5 on defense.
- Key Players: First-year starting quarterback Adam Fulton (Sr., 6-2, 212) who is completing 54% of his passes for 1,734 yards, 22 TDs and 2 INTs in 2016. Cooper Hardin (Sr., 6-1, 223) and Amon Johnson (Sr., 5-11, 190) lead a committee of running backs, who have combined for 17 TDs in the first nine games of the season. Joe Doyle (Sr., 6-0, 195) might be the area’s best kicker/punter, averaging 39.8 yards per punt, while converting 42/43 on PATs and 6/8 on FG attempts with a long of 49. WR/DB Braden Collins (Jr., 6-0, 185) is set for a breakout season at WR along with Jaden Gibbs (So., 6-2, 175). The duo has combined for 58 receptions for 1,093 yards and 11 TDs thus far in 2016. Isaiah Gibbs (So., 5-9, 155) is a promising running back averaging more than 10 yards per carry. Two-way lineman Chance Bolen (Sr., 6-1, 232) will fill voids on both lines of scrimmage.
- Coach: Josh Kerr (18-43, sixth season; 21-60 overall)
- Offense: Spread
- Defense: 5-2
- The Dragons return 15 starters, 8 on offense and 7 on defense.
- Key Players: J’Quan Thomas (5-10, 180) had 1,100 receiving yards in eight games last season and looks to have a big senior year. Demarea Whitt (Sr., 5-9, 180) had more than 600 receiving yards and nine interceptions at strong safety, where he plays alongside senior S.J. Powers (6-3, 190). Tackle Blake Sherwood (Sr., 6-1,225) anchors the offensive line. Cody Miles (Jr., 5-10, 170) could be a two-way starter for the first time at wide receiver and cornerback, along with Josh Breeden (So., 5-9, 180) at running back and defensive back. Jamon Adkins (So., 6-2, 270) is expected to start on the defensive line, and Luke Harrison (So., 6-4, 180) is in a two-way race for starting quarterback.