Game time: Friday, November 10th – 7:00 pm
Location: Maryville High School
Last meeting – Maryville beat Farragut 49-14 in 2014.
2017 Records: Maryville 10-1 Farragut 9-2
- Farragut and Maryville have met 15 times in school history.
- The first meeting between the two schools was in 1958, when the Rebels beat the Admirals 25-0.
- The two teams met yearly from 1987-1992 in the old District 4-AAA.
- The Admirals and the Rebels last met in 2014 and had met every year since 2009, as they were once again classed as district opponents in District 4-AAA.
- The Rebels hold a 13-2 record over the Admirals and a 9-game win streak, dating back to 1992.
- Coach: Eddie Courtney (161-92, 22nd season)
- Offense: Spread Option
- Defense: 3-4
- Farragut returns 14 starters from last season, 7 on offense and 7 on defense.
- Key Players: Three Division I prospects give Farragut’s football team one of the state’s top receiving corps. Sophomore QB Gavin Wilkinson (6-3, 165) has completed 60.7% of his passes for 1,793 yards with 15 TDs. Senior TE Jacob Warren (6-6, 220) has 503 receiving yards and 6 touchdown receptions. Warren is rated a three-star prospect by 247Sports and is the nation’s No. 29 tight end and No. 19 prospect in Tennessee. Senior Braden Collins (6-1, 195) and junior Jaden Gibbs (6-3, 185) are Farragut’s other Division I receiver prospects. Collins, an Appalachian State commitment, leads the team with 50 receptions and 710 yards, with 7 touchdowns. The Admiral backfield is led by a duo of running backs, juniors Isaiah Gibbs (5-9, 165) and Kyle Carter (5-10, 190). Up front, the Admirals return 3 of 5 offensive linemen, seniors Andrew Maxey (6-1, 250), Jonathan Buchanan (6-0, 225), and Jackson Powers (6-2, 220). Defensively, Farragut returns its two leading tacklers from 2016, seniors Drew Butler (6-1, 210) and Cade Burkey (5-11, 185). The linebacker corp is also assisted by senior Devin Yarborough. In the secondary, you will find familiar faces, senior Braden Collins (6-1, 195), senior Griffen Swicegood (6-1, 175), junior Isaiah Gibbs (5-9, 160), junior Jaden Gibbs (6-3, 185), and Wyatt Lucas (5-10, 160). Up front, the Admirals return senior Nnamdi McSwine (6-3, 230), and look for junior Caleb Kuhn (6-2, 205) and senior Anthony Lawson (6-1, 315) to help out up front defensively.
- Coach: Derek Hunt (10-1, first year)
- Offense: Spread
- Defense: 4-3
- Key Returnees- Dylan Hopkins (QB, Sr.), Christian Markham (WR, Sr.), Jacob Wall (OL, Sr.), Isaiah Cobb (RB/LB, Sr.), Blake Watson (TE/DE, Sr.), Tommy Smith (LB, Sr.), Will Orren (DB, Sr.), Davon Kimble (WR/DB, Jr.), Riley Gennoe (LB, Sr.)