GAME AND SERIES FACTS
- Coach: Eddie Courtney (159-91, 22nd season)
- Offense: Spread Option
- Defense: 3-4
- Farragut returns 14 starters from last season, 7 on offense and 7 on defense.
- Key Players: Three Division I prospects give Farragut’s football team one of the state’s top receiving corps. Sophomore Gavin Wilkinson (6-3, 165) has stepped in for senior Max Travis, as he recovers from a shoulder injury. Senior TE Jacob Warren (6-6, 220) has 430 receiving yards and leads the team 6 touchdown receptions. Warren is rated a three-star prospect by 247Sports and is the nation’s No. 29 tight end and No. 19 prospect in Tennessee. Senior Braden Collins (6-1, 195) and junior Jaden Gibbs (6-3, 185) are Farragut’s other Division I receiver prospects. Collins, an Appalachian State commitment, is coming off of a 200 yard, 3 touchdown performance against Dobyns-Bennett. The Admiral backfield is led by a duo of running backs, juniors Isaiah Gibbs (5-9, 165) and Kyle Carter (5-10, 190). Gibbs led the Admiral rushing attack with 2 touchdowns last week at Dobyns-Bennett. Up front, the Admirals return 3 of 5 offensive linemen, seniors Andrew Maxey (6-1, 250), Jonathan Buchanan (6-0, 225), and Jackson Powers (6-2, 220). Defensively, Farragut returns its two leading tacklers from 2016, seniors Drew Butler (6-1, 210) and Cade Burkey (5-11, 185). The linebacker corp is also assisted by senior Devin Yarborough. In the secondary, you will find familiar faces, senior Braden Collins (6-1, 195), senior Griffen Swicegood (6-1, 175), junior Isaiah Gibbs (5-9, 160), junior Jaden Gibbs (6-3, 185), and Wyatt Lucas (5-10, 160). Up front, the Admirals return senior Nnamdi McSwine (6-3, 230), and look for junior Caleb Kuhn (6-2, 205) and senior Anthony Lawson (6-1, 315) to help out up front defensively.
HARDIN VALLEY OUTLOOK
- Coach: Wes Jones (65-83 overall, 15th season)
- (50-47 in 9th season at HVA)
- Offense: Pro Spread
- Defense: 4-3