GAME AND SERIES FACTS
Game time: Friday, August 26th – 7:30 pm
Location: Gibbs High School
Last meeting – Farragut beat Gibbs 38-14 in 2015.
- 2016 Records: Gibbs 0-1 Farragut 1-0
- Farragut and Gibbs met for the first time since 1974 last season, which is also the last time Farragut traveled to Corryton.
- Gibbs is 0-1, coming off of a 48-14 loss to Campbell County.
- The Admirals are looking to start the season 2-0 in back-to-back seasons for the first time since 2008.
- The Admirals and the Eagles have met 12 times before, with Farragut leading the all-time series 9-3.
- First Meeting: 1949 (FHS 52-0)
- Largest Series Win for FHS: 1949 (52-0)
- Largest Series Win for Gibbs: 1953 (38-0)
- Series Notes: Gibbs won 3 of 5 consecutive meetings from 1949-1953. The Admirals won all 6 contests when the series resumed from 1969-1974.
- Coach: Eddie Courtney (139-89, 21st season)
- Offense: Spread Option
- Defense: 3-4
- Farragut returns 10 starters from last season, 5 on offense and 5 on defense.
- Key Players: WR Davis Simmons (Sr., 6-2, 195) has proven big-play ability after a 100 yard, 1 TD game against Powell in Week 1. He should make the transition easier for first-year starting quarterback Adam Fulton (Sr., 6-2, 2-12) who was 4 of 5 for 129 yards , 1 TD and 1 INT in week 1 against Powell. Cooper Hardin (Sr., 6-1, 223) and Amon Johnson (Sr., 5-11, 190) lead a committee of running backs, who combined for, 3 TDs in week 1 against Powell. Joe Doyle (Sr., 6-0, 195) might be the area’s best kicker/punter, he was 7/7 on PATs and 4 of 9 kickoffs for touchbacks. WR/DB Braden Collins (Jr., 6-0, 185) is set for a breakout season at WR/RB. Isaiah Gibbs (So., 5-9, 155) is a promising running back, and lead the team with 102 yards rushing in week 1 against Powell. Two-way lineman Chance Bolen (Sr., 6-1, 232) will fill voids on both lines of scrimmage.
- Coach: Brad Conley (47-44, ninth season)
- Offense: Double slot, triple option
- Defense: Multiple
- The Eagles return 8 starters, 4 on offense and 4 on defense.
- Key Players: The Eagles look to senior linebacker/quarterback H.T. Fortner (6-0, 190) for leadership and production. Eli Mikos (6-0, 190) and Dalton Rodgers (5-11, 230) are other seniors who will pull double duty at fullback and the defensive line. Rodgers is Gibbs’ leading returning rusher. Senior WR/DB Tanner Rhodes (6-3, 170) is another key returnee. Two-way linemen Oliver Lane (6-6, 270) and Dalton Widner (6-3, 270) were cast in starting roles on the offensive line a year ago as sophomores. With the limited experience, Conley expects both to emerge as leaders up front. Demarcus Hight (Sr., 5-7, 160 RB/DB), a transfer last season, should blossom this fall at RB/DB.